Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Num-Num Fairy Came

Mark reached a huge milestone on Saturday.  He was ready to give up his num-num! On Thursday, I asked him if he was ready to give up his num-nums to the "Num-Num Fairy" and fully expected a "no" like all the other times I've asked him.

In fact, he has great disdain for the Num-Num Fairy. When I first told him about the fairy and how she comes and takes the nums-nums in exchange for gifts, he told me that he would punch her in the face if she ever came to take his num-num.

So imagine my surprise when he said that he was ready for the num-num fairy to come on the "day after tomorrow" - which was Saturday.  He wanted her to bring him Skylander Trap Team characters and traps for his game.  Done!

So on Friday I ran all around town to find 4 Skylander characters and was only able to find one trap. Who knew they were so hard to find? I also sweetened the deal with pack of skittles.

That night, he placed his num-num on a pillow (I originally told him to put it under his pillow, but he insisted that the fairy would not be able to find it under the pillow). And I did a happy dance on the inside.

On Saturday morning, I replaced the num-num with a bag full of goodies and hoped and prayed that this will work. It didn't look good at first because the first thing he wanted when he woke up was his num-num, but when he saw the gift bag, he remembered about the fairy.  Then he got super excited and happy saying that his wish came true and that the num-num fairy came.

This was the last time with his num-num!

He woke up to find some just what he wanted from the fairy.

He was super excited and so was Mommy!

He couldn't wait to play with his new gifts.

We are on the fourth day of no num-nums.  So far, so good.  He's asked for it a couple of times, but I remind him that the fairy took it and he's been fine with it. I think we are done with the num-nums for good and I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment