Thursday, September 04, 2014

What We Did - Week 33

Yikes.  I feel like we are finally getting into the swing of things.  Matthew's baseball season has started and he has 3 practices a week.  We are now into our 2nd week of school so the homework wheel is starting to turn.  Spirit Shop started off yesterday and high school football is in full swing.  Fall is definitely in the air (although we are still suffering through the 100-degree weather).

Day 240 - Thur.
We were off the the airport bright and early to head out to CA for my sister's Chinese Wedding. Breakfast at the airport McDonald's.

Keeping busy on the airplane

Our first stop from the airport was O'Henry's for some yummy donuts, of course.  These boys were ready to be spoiled by Poh-Poh and Gong-Gong.

Day 241 - Fri.
Again, we went and had our fill to the best donuts at the donut shop.  These boys were in heaven and I was too :-)


Then me, my mom, and my sister went and got our nails done.  This was my mom's first time for a pedicure and my 2nd time ever.

We came home and saw this.  These boys love to pick fruit from the fruit tree in my parents' backyard.  They picked a bucket full of apples earlier. One of the things I miss most about California is being able to grow fruit in you backyard.
Day 242 - Sat.
My sister and I went to pick up the flowers for the wedding arrangements and her bouquet.  This was one of the arrangements I made.  I wish I had a picture of the bouquet.  One of the guests took it home with them - which I thought was very rude.  They just walked off with it.

There was a little mishap when M tried to transport one of these arrangements to the restaurant.  It was a little too big for his car, he tried to force it in and it broke.

Luckily, there was enough time for me to get more foam and re-do the arrangement with the same flowers.  I was not very happy and I may have freaked out a little.  In my head, I ruined my sister's wedding because I couldn't deliver on the one thing she needed me to do.

Day 243 - Sun.
Wedding Day!  I woke up early and drove down to Morgan Hill to start on my sister's bouquet.  Then it was time for the tea ceremony.  I'm didn't take any pictures at all and am totally wallowing in my regret.  The photographer tools lots of family pictures and I'm excited to see them.

Then we were off to the banquet (flower arrangement debacle in between).



Notice the crocs?  He put up a huge fight and M let him wear his crocs. Just wanted to note that I did get him dress shoes and I did put in some thought into his outfit. It just didn't go as planned. Not the best picture, but it was the only one I had.

He was not impressed with the whole affair.  He slept through most of the banquet.
Day 244 - Mon.
It was time to fly home on this day.  Michael gets so upset whenever we fly back from seeing his Poh-Poh and Gong-Gong.  he typically cries for a couple of nights because he misses them so much.
Day 245 - Tue.
Mark and I went to a swim playdate.  He had so much fun and was very happy that I swam with him. I love that picnic table set.  Need to try and find something like this.

Day 246 - Wed.
No picture today.  I spent most of my morning and afternoon working the Spirit Shop and Mark spent most of his day at the Gs.

No comments:

Post a Comment