Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Come On In to Our Playroom


I'm participating in the "Come On In" link-up this week at Momfessionals to share the room where my kiddos probably spend most of their time - the two older ones anyway. The playroom!  I love having a room dedicated to messy toys and video games so I don't have to see it in my living room.  And if it gets a little messy sometimes, it's OK because I don't see it if I don't go up there.

Come on in! Our playroom is actually a loft-style room so this is what you see when you walk up our backs stairs.  


I know.  It's totally a mish-mash of different furniture from the 2 previous homes we've owned and nothing really matches or coordinates with each other - leather couches from a home theater, drafting table being used as a computer desk.  But my kids are rough on things so this mismatched furniture will do for now.


This piece below from IKEA is my favorite.  Lots of shelves and basket that I can throw things in.  It hides all the legos, train sets, action figures, hot wheels, etc.  

This behemoth holds all the DVDs, videos games, video game consoles and all the stuff that comes with it.

And there you have it.  Our room is more about functionality at this point.  I don't have any inspiring artwork and not many decorations so I'm looking forward to seeing how others have decorated their playrooms to get some ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment